Called To Serve

Called To Serve

Jul 20, 2015

Hildesheim

So this week we did A LOT of street contacting, and we had a lot of fun just talking to people and getting know the city.
 
That's me off in the distance talking to a guy with a dog. Thanks to the sisters for the stalker photo!

We actually were walking around and we found a basketball game going on, so we asked them if we could join..... Germans are not very good at basketball... It quickly turned into everyone against  the two american guys... we still won!

I'm having a great time. Elder Fitch and I get along fantastic! He is a farmer from Idaho, which makes sense as to why we get along so well. His dad trains rodeo horses and travels the world doing cowboy stuff.
 
In my travels I found this book in a book store called "The Man From Utah". Can you believe it, all the way in Germany?!

My new area is absolutely amazing. I can proudly say that I love Germany because of this city. This ward is like what I dreamed a cool ward would be like on my mission. I love it!

Here are a few shots from around Hildesheim. We will be visiting a castle later on today so I will be able to take some more pictures of this beautiful city. The symbol for Hildesheim is a rose so there are roses planted everywhere you look. It smells amazing here!





Thank you for the emails and the prayers!
Love Elder Schmalz!

No comments:

Post a Comment