Yep my time is pinneberg is over. And I feel very uneasy. I'm really going to miss this place, it is a really good place. I will miss the cool members and Evelin our cool investigator who is progressing towards baptism. And I will miss Elder Tischner. Our week was really good. We had a zone conference with Elder Adler of the seventy. I absolutely love that man! He has visited our mission a couple times and every time he or his wife speaks I learn so much and I feel so uplifted! Some conferences are also a great time to see old friends and to just have a good time. We also had stake conference this week, and there was a brand new seventy there. He is from Italy and he has been overseeing the construction of the Rome Italy temple and talked a little bit about that. We also taught Evelin this week and we actually taught her about the
word of wisdom and the law of chastity (kind of an awkward lesson every time) but it went really well. She accepted it all and she talks to us about her desire to know if Joseph Smith was a prophet and if the Book of Mormon is true. It was fantastic because you could just feel her sincerity and you could see it in her eyes. When we first started teaching her she was really shy and just a closed off person....but she has changed so much, she is smiling and she talks to everyone at church, it is really just a blessing to have seen people (even though I have seen very many) let the gospel make a change in their lives even in small things like smiling more often or being happy:) I can not believe that Sophie has graduated high school....I feel like it was yesterday that I graduated high school....but in reality that was 2 years ago and I'm actually approaching the ripe age of 21! I also can't believe that next year Gray could go on a mission! Sometimes I miss the time when we were all little. But then I remember that growth and progression are essential in our Heavenly Fathers plan for us. All I know is that I'm so thankful that he does have a plan for us and that we aren't just leading a pointless existence on a rock that is orbiting a star. I'm so grateful for the truths that we know.
No comments:
Post a Comment