So I'm here and it took forever! After three flights that added up to a total of 15 hours of flight time and going into a different time zone, I made it!
We spent our first night in a cool little hotel above a bakery. That next morning we where given our areas and our new companions. My companions name is Elder Bretzing, a very big goofy guy from Anaheim California! He has only been out for 3 months but an interesting fact, he used to work at Disneyland! That's all I know at the moment, but more to come next week.
![]() |
| Albrechtsburg and Cathedral |
![]() |
| Meissen is south of Berlin on this map really close to Dresden right on the Elbe River |
We went finding yesterday which is pretty much talking to everyone and anyone you see on the street and we got yelled at a lot and we talked to some drunk guys. I did talk to this guy named Herr Hönege and I just asked him what brought him joy in life and he answered his family. He went on to tell a story about how he lost his whole family and he doesn't know if he will ever see them again. I bore a short testimony about eternal families and set up an appointment with him tomorrow, so I will let you know how that works out.
We also taught a Christian preacher from Kenya who in the past was on the investigator list. Apparently missionaries had talked to him a few months ago but then he moved and had lost contact with them. He has read the Book of Mormon and had been preaching about it on the streets, so hopefully that will all work out too!
We also taught a Christian preacher from Kenya who in the past was on the investigator list. Apparently missionaries had talked to him a few months ago but then he moved and had lost contact with them. He has read the Book of Mormon and had been preaching about it on the streets, so hopefully that will all work out too!
I want you all to know that I know with out a doubt in my heart that this church is true, and that it can help anyone in any situation!
But...if you want to send me a package ;) my address is
Germany Berlin Mission
Zerbster SraBe 42
12209 Berlin
Germany
Elder Schmalz


No comments:
Post a Comment