Helige Kuh!
Germany is really cold!
This week has been a week full of canceled appointments and a drunk guy who insists my name is Eddie!
In Germany they celebrate the 4 advents. They are the four Sundays proceeding Christmas and they are a huge deal. This Sunday was 1st advent and I was asked to sing in sacrament meeting for the branch and the mission president and his family so that was really cool! Also because of first advent almost all our appointments fell out and we spent a majority of this week tracting.... which Germans don't like at all, especially during Christmas/advent time.
It was still a great week! We found a new investigator named Michael , who needs help building his house, so we have a new person to teach and we get to learn about construction! We also helped the Weidlich family move. Rolf is Frau Weidlichs ex boyfriend and he likes alcohol..... a lot. He was put in charge of watching the children.....(worst idea in the whole world) he let them run into the street and climb on stuff and all and did a terrible job, so I ended babysitting a drunk man who was babysitting a bunch of kids. Super fun! He, in his drunken state thought my name tag said Eddie Schmalz and called me that for the whole 4 hours of moving and continues to call me that when he sees me on the street with all of his drunken friends so that is funny!
So yeah, super good week!
I hope you were all able to watch the video "He is the Gift", it is really good! I want to invite you all to think about what Christmas really actually means and what you can give to others.
I love you and I hope everything is going okay at home.
Love "Eddie" Gavin Schmalz
This week we will be looking forward to receiving a video of Eddie Schmalz eating the hottest currywurst ever. It has been described as "friggen hot"!
We also learned that he might get to Skype to us on Christmas thanks to some kind members in his area. Oh, I hope so. Keeping my fingers and toes crossed...
No comments:
Post a Comment