Called To Serve

Called To Serve

Jun 22, 2015

Tchüss to the city of Glück and hello to the home of Hilde!

So my time in Itzehoe and Glückstadt is coming to a close.....tomorrow actually, and I'm off to a city called Hildesheim.
 
Leaving a place like Glückstadt is really hard! I have made some really good friends here and I have learned so much here, not only about missionary work but also about myself. At least my last week in Glückstadt was a good one. We had the awesome opportunity to do service at the World War Two memorial in Itzehoe. The bad part was that Elder O'Keefe got a gnarly tic in his arm and he is now on Lyme disease watch.
I also got to say goodbye to all of my friend that I have made here and we were able to finish the preparations for a music event that we are putting on in the church. All in all a really good week... other then the tic fiasco.

I'm so excited to move on to a new area and to see what I can learn and who I can help in Hildesheim!

Thank you for all of your support and for your emails!
Have a great week,
Elder Schmalz
 
My ward mission leader Bruder Ritter, and pretty much my best friend in the Gluckstadt ward


Schwester Schroder, a sweet 92 year old convert to the church

No comments:

Post a Comment