Called To Serve

Called To Serve

Feb 29, 2016

Goodbye Frankfurt! Hello Pinneberg!

Hallo friends and family! I hope that you had a great week and that so far you're having a good leap day. I have spent the day saying goodbye to people, eating a lot of food, and of course my least favorite thing.....packing! (one thing I will not miss about being a missionary is the frequent need to pack everything you own into two suitcases and then schlep them around all day)
So as you can tell by the activities I have done on this fine P-day, I have been transferred!

That is right, after 6 months in Frankfurt Oder it is finally time to pack up and move on.
And where will I be moving.... good question!

Oberst von Staufenberg 39 strasse
25421 Pinneberg
Germany

So yeah, if you are feeling like shooting a letter my way that is where you can reach me:)

Other than that news I don't really have much to talk about so I will share with you something from my studies this week, that being a poem.

" I met a stranger in the night, whose lamp had ceased to shine,

  I paused and let him light lamp from mine.
  
  A tempest sprang up later on, and shook the world about,

  And when he was gone my lamp was out.

  But back came to me the stranger--His lamp was glowing fine;
  
  He held the precious flame and lighted mine." 

                                                          -Lon Woodrum

This week has had me thinking about how grateful I am for the people in my life who have shared their lights with me. 
Whether it be my family or my friends,
My heart is full as I think of everything that I have been blessed with, In particular for the people who have been placed on my path. 
I would not be who I am right now with out the influence of my parents and my aunts and uncles or the guidance of a young mens leader or a friend.

So yeah you have no idea what you have done for me! Thank you for your support and your friendship.

I hope that you all know that if your light is ever wavering or if you need help, I am only an email or 7 months away. 
But more importantly our Savior is always there for you and for me, and His lamp is significantly more powerful and stronger than my own!

Thank you so much

Love, Elder Schmalz



No comments:

Post a Comment