Called To Serve

Called To Serve

Feb 1, 2016

Sehr Lange zeit und kein Kontakt und Ich bin schuld...


I would like to start off this email with some words of apology....
I'm sorry that I haven't emailed for a solid 3 maybe 4 weeks. I will
try to be better for the next 8 months!

Well I think in the last month a lot has happened....Including transfers!
I had the opportunity to stay here in Frankfurt Oder..
My new companions name is Elder Kilgrow, Elder Kilgrow is from San
Antonio Texas and is quite talented in playing a handful of musical
instruments and singing, so he will be doing that a lot here in
Frankfurt for our branch. He is about a year out on his mission and is super focused, capable,
and still has the excitement for missionary work, and for that I am exceedingly grateful!

Frankfurt Oder is a very interesting area. It is one of the smaller
congregations in our mission, with a whopping 8 members! So we are
really busting our butts trying to turn this area around. After 6
months of working here we are finally starting to to see some measurable success!
I am extremely thankful for my time that I am having here in Frankfurt
Oder! It is here where I am learning a lot about myself and even more
about my Savior and his work.
I'm really glad I'm having this period of time to learn and grow, because that means that the Lord hasn't given up on me yet:) He can still see my potential and He wants me to become better!
I know that it is through Jesus Christ our Savior that we can always
learn, grow, and find comfort.

Well on a more humorous note, we had something super random happen to
us this week....namely;

It was a Friday morning around 7:30..... I'm still rocking my PJs and
the bedhead when the door bell rang... And I in my blissful ignorance
(expecting a package from the German equivalent of the UPS man) buzzed
the person in, without first taking the time to talk and check.

I opened the door to sign for the package, to find not the UPS man but
rather two members of another worldwide church that also does door to
door tracting....... And their door approached sounded something like
this....(keep in mind I'm standing there with bedhead and pajamas)
They started with this:
"hello, are you one of the representatives of the Mormon church?"

And I answered with something like this....." Uuuuum yes?"

As you can probably guess our "super exhilarating" conversation then
took a turn for the worse....in the form of Bible bashing...or should
I say.....us telling them what we believe and then them arguing with
us.
And it ended with us not really agreeing and us bearing some hardcore
testimony. Now we are missing a restoration pamphlet and I didn't get
a package....but all in all I had a great day:)

Once again I'm sorry for not writing very regularly. I will try to do better.
Thank you for writing me and for the prayers.
Elder Schmalz

No comments:

Post a Comment