Called To Serve

Called To Serve

Apr 25, 2016

Two Years

This week marks the two year mark since I opened my mission call.....
THAT IS CRAZY!

I remember opening that and being filled with excitement but also being really nervous to learn a new language, and to be away from my home for so long, and to teach people to gospel!

But now I've been away from home for quite a long time, and my worries mainly revolve around distinguishing what language I'm actually thinking in, and teaching has become one of my favorite things...... seriously who would have thought?!

As these thoughts have been running through my head this week, I am always reminded of how I couldn't have made it this far with out the power of prayer! I can tell you right now that without prayer I never would have learned German or would have never been comfortable teaching people. Without prayer I wouldn't have been able to be away from home for so long.

During my studies this week I found these two quotes:

"It is better in prayer to have heart without words, than words without heart"- Mahatma Gandhi
and
I long have been impressed with the truth that meaningful prayer requires both holy communication and consecrated work.  Blessings require some effort on our part before we can obtain them…  We press forward and persevere in the consecrated work of prayer, after we say “amen” by acting upon the things we have expressed to Heavenly Father.” ~Elder David A. Bednar,

I'm so grateful for Prayer. I am so grateful for the opportunities I have had to see prayers in action and to see that our Heavenly Father really does hear and answers prayers. I am also grateful that Heavenly Father doesn't just give me what I ask for, but He instead gives me what He knows is best.

Thank you so much for your prayers on my behalf, and thank you for your emails!
Love Elder Schmalz

No comments:

Post a Comment