So I made it to Glückstadt safely after a 5 hour train ride in a compartment with a very large and very grumpy gentleman who was sleeping. I luckily managed to avoid waking him from his slumber but some people were not so fortunate!
I met Up with Elder Garner (my new companion) in Hamburg and I also ran into Elder Bretzing, my trainer, who is now apparently the new Hamburg Zone leader! What a stud!
Elder Garner is the son of a military man and has lived practically everywhere in the United States. He is an awesome missionary and I'm definitely going to be learning and running a lot this transfer. Our area is called Glückstadt because that is where the church is, but we technically live in the city of Itzehoe pronounced like "it's a Hoe!" and it is super pretty and I will definitely be taking a lot of pictures once it stops raining...... so that might be never.
The ward is awesome! My new district is awesome! Pretty much everything is perfect here other than the fact that we have a bunk bed! I despise bunk beds! The newer missionary in the area gets the top...... and the mission has turned me into a really old lazy man who thinks having to climb to sleep is a stupid idea!
But other than that, its perfect!
Yeah, its really just been a great week and I'm really excited to get to work!
My new address is:
Holzkamp 23
25524 Itzehoe
Deutschland
Thank you for the love and support! I will tell you all about the work and our investigators next week!:)
Oh and I just found out that Raju was confirmed this last Sunday so keep him and his family in your prayers as he is adjusting to life as a member!
Also, please pray for my German!
Love, Elder Schmalz
No comments:
Post a Comment