We can assume since our week started off with a hurricane that it wouldn't really get more exciting, right? The fact of the matter is that as a missionary the excitement never really ends, and because after the hurricane we had zone training meeting, which is pretty much like Christmas morning... I was able to stretch the awkward social skills muscles that I don't touch on a daily basis as a missionary! That's pretty exciting! We were able to learn a lot at zone training and see our friends and get to spend a day in the beautiful city of Kiel! (look it up its really cool!)
![]() |
| Neumunster Zone |
That wasn't the end of our excitement because we had the awesome opportunity to hide inside as all the nonmember Germans were getting drunk over Easter weekend and then watch them try to dress up nice and go to church on Easter Sunday! But in all seriousness, General Conference was absolutely Fantastic! I loved how they talked about the eternal family and how the gospel blesses families! It's a real motivation to go out and find families and share with them this awesome gospel!
Okay, now the swan story... So when I first arrived here in the city of Glückstadt, in the pond by the church was a swan... or at that point, more of an ugly duckling. He was always alone and whenever we saw him I would quack to him (for those that don't know, I can do a pretty good duck/goose/swan impression) Well as time passed my ugly duckling turned into a swan and whenever he sees me he always comes to the shore and he lets me feed him grass. So this week my companion finally captured a picture of my swan and I just chillin' by the shore of the Glückstadt pond. I know its pretty random, but it really is a tender mercy to know that at least one creature in Glückstadt is always happy when I come!
This week has been fantastic! I want to end my weekly update by bearing my testimony that I know with my whole heart that Jesus Christ is my Savior and the Savior of the world! He loves us! He knows us! And it is only through Him that we can live with our families forever! I know that in this day and time he has called a prophet to lead and guide us, and I know that President Thomas S. Monson is that man. I know that our Heavenly Father gave us the Book of Mormon and prayer so that we can receive personal revelation for ourselves and grow closer to Him. I know that this gospel which was restored through Joseph Smith is the one true gospel on this earth and it will help us to become perfect through Him, even as our Heavenly Father and our Savior are perfect! I love being a missionary, it really is the best thing I have ever done, and I cant wait for this next week!
In the name of Jesus Christ Amen.
Thank you so much for your love and support and I hope your Easter holiday was great! Have a great week, and a fun and safe spring break, and don't forget to tell me all about your adventures!
Love Elder Gavin Schmalz

No comments:
Post a Comment