Called To Serve

Called To Serve

Nov 16, 2015

Überraschung!

Well this week started out pretty normal with our days being filled
with studies, talking to people on the streets, and the occasional
lesson thrown in there..... But on Friday morning everything changed!
On This particular Friday that I am speaking of we received a phone
call from the mission office informing us that Sunday night we would
be attending a surprise mission conference with.... Elder M. Russel
Ballard of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles!
So yeah, after that call Saturday and Sunday seemed to drag on and on
until we finally arrived at the church where the conference would take
place.
When Elder Ballard came in he took the time to shake all of our hands
(252 of us) and to talk to all of us personally for just a few
seconds, He then went to the podium and continued to speak to us
about a variety of topics, the main one being our purpose as
missionaries and the challenge to be more than great missionaries but
also to be great teachers and eventually church leaders and parents.
He also came to give us some instructions about the recent terrorist
attacks in Paris, and what those mean for us as missionaries.
He taught us that that although being a missionary is hard, it is our
chance to stand as a witness of Jesus Christ and His everlasting
atonement, and that we should not be ashamed of that no matter what
happens.
He mainly came to just share his love with us and to cheer us up
and give us advice.
He also shared this scripture with us which will be the one that I'm going to
"ponderize" this week:
D&C 1: 19-20
19.The weak things of the world will come forth and break down the
mighty and the strong ones, that man should not counsel his fellow
man, neither trust in the arm of flesh
20.but that every man might speak in the name of God the lord, even
the Savior of the world

And that is something I have learned on my mission! Because my mission
has been a very humbling experience up until this point. I know that
without my Savior I am weak, but with him and through him I can become
better, and I can help others to be better as well!

Thank you for everything
Love Elder Schmalz

No comments:

Post a Comment