Called To Serve

Called To Serve

Jan 5, 2015

Sylvester (new years) in Deutschland

So New Years in Germany is a time of drinking and of illegal military grade Polish fireworks!
For missionaries, its a time of spiritual reflection, goal setting, and hiding inside from the drunk Germans with illegal explosives!
 
We were able to start off this new year with an awesome lesson with Raju and his family. Teaching Raju is very hard because he is Indian and can only speak Hindi and like 10 words of German. We have a translator but she is on vacation. We can still teach him without her, it just takes a long time:)
This last week we wanted to teach him about the ten commandments but he decided he wanted to show us a video of his dad being cremated in India (super interesting but a little off topic) so we decided to show him a video too. A video of a baptism! We then testified of the plan of salvation and the blessings that come from following the example of Jesus Christ. His response...  "I want to be made clean by God....next week please" so we set him a date in February so he can prepare:). That was really cool and the Spirit was so strong, its crazy that when the Spirit is there, language barriers don't matter.

We also had a cool experience as elder Bretzing was buying a Capri Sun in the vending machine (he loves them) and out of pure luck or maybe not, two Capri Suns came out. He turned to give it to me but before he could hand it off a little girl on our platform (we are at the train station) asked if she could have it, so we gave it to her and we started talking to her and her mom. We came to find out that they had talked to the missionaries in the past in Meißen and even gave them their phone number but they never called, so we gave them our phone number and they were really excited to meet with us. It was then that I remembered that that morning I had put an extra buch of mormon in my bag and I asked her if she had heard of it. She said no and asked where she could get one, so I gladly gave her my extra and she got on her train:). The greatest thing of all is that her name is Frau Deutsch.... Mrs. German!
So yes, this week was a week of new beginnings and new investigators! A week where I gained an even stronger testimony of this awesome work that I get to take part in! This church is true! I can say that without a doubt in my heart!
 
I'm so sorry that I'm really bad at writing with my grammar and spelling and stuff,  but keep in mind that I'm learning a new language and new grammar rules and I'm using a 15 year old German keyboard. At least that's my excuse.
 
Love Elder Schmalz
 

No comments:

Post a Comment