We also had the awesome opportunity to go to the Freiberg temple this week before it closes for a year and a half, and can I just say it was just like going home for a few hours. Even though everything was in German, it felt just like going home. It was super cool and I am super grateful that I could have that awesome and spiritual experience. Going to the temple also gave me some time to think about my grandparents who passed away this week in 2013. I have been so focused on being a missionary to really let the sad thoughts creep into me, but I am glad that I had that time to think about them and to really see how they changed my life and I know that they are here still. I will see them again, I know this. Now I can focus back on the work I get to do here in Meissen.
We taught a lesson to one our investigators about keeping the Sabbath Day holy. He is notorious for changing the subject or just talking about anything and everything with the two Americans. It's really hard because he likes to talk about science or news and I don't know anything sciencey or newsy in German... so this time we really prepared and I said a prayer that we would be able to teach him a complete lesson. We went in and he started right away talking about this Asian thing that he had read about that helps you live longer and feel better... (so random?) but we then were able to talk to him about the word of wisdom and told him that we would teach about it next lesson, but this lesson we wanted to teach him about something that would strengthen his spirit and help him feel better, and that is coming to church! He shut up (in the nicest way possible) and he didn't change the subject or chat about random things, he just started to participate in the lesson and really started asking cool and good questions and you could see that he was really learning and understanding. H said that he will come to church next Sunday!!!
So pretty much this week I learned to not let my emotions or frustrations get in the way and to just let the Spirit take the lead, and when you do that, you really see change. You have to change your attitude to see anything else change.
Another great week, and I can't wait for the next one!!
This week the snow melted because we were hit with a tropical heat wave in the middle of January, and the Elbe River is threatening to flood Meissen.
On the bright side, we were able to hike to the spot in Germany where President Monson dedicated all of Germany for the preaching of the gospel. It was so beautiful! It is in a town called Radebuel, and it's in my area.
No comments:
Post a Comment