The highlight being that within the next month the Berlin Germany Mission will be one of the European pilot missions for digital missionary work. Because of this announcement all 250 missionaries were asked to make their way to Berlin for a day of training. We had Elder Nielsen and Elder Kearon from the 1st quorum of the seventy come and teach us all about what it takes to be a missionary in the digital age. We also received new manuals and were all asked by President Kosak to take a picture that represented how we are preparing for the iPads. soooooooo Elder Garner and I took this picture:)
This week we met with one of our investigators named Azul Mailki. He and his Family fled from Syria to escape religious persecution, because they are Christians. We have been teaching Azul and his family for a while and in our last lesson we asked him if he knew how to pray.... he didn't fully understand the question because he cant speak German very well (Yeah language barriers! It is really hard to teach someone while speaking a language you don't fully understand and then on top of that it is also their 3rd language) so instead of telling us if he knew how to pray he instead recited the Lords Prayer in Aramaic...(the language that Jesus Christ spoke! How cool is that!).
This week all in all has been a really hard week, but it has been a week of growth and of learning. I found this really cool quote by President Uchtdorf that has helped me.
Pics from Berlin
Another thing that has been really cool this last week is how long the sun has stayed out! It seriously doesn't set until 8:30 and then since there are literally no mountains here, it stays light until 9:20! And it's not even officially summer yet!
This week we met with one of our investigators named Azul Mailki. He and his Family fled from Syria to escape religious persecution, because they are Christians. We have been teaching Azul and his family for a while and in our last lesson we asked him if he knew how to pray.... he didn't fully understand the question because he cant speak German very well (Yeah language barriers! It is really hard to teach someone while speaking a language you don't fully understand and then on top of that it is also their 3rd language) so instead of telling us if he knew how to pray he instead recited the Lords Prayer in Aramaic...(the language that Jesus Christ spoke! How cool is that!).
So that was an awesome experience! We taught him how to pray for himself and he loved it, and hopefully we will start seeing some real progress!
This week all in all has been a really hard week, but it has been a week of growth and of learning. I found this really cool quote by President Uchtdorf that has helped me.
Thank you all for your love and support!
Oh, with the iPads I have the option of starting up a new blog. I was thinking of doing one to answer spiritual or scriptural questions that you have, along with ones I am studying in personal study. Is that something that you would want to read? or participate in? If so, please tell me, or if you have other ideas of what I can do to help you! I may be on the other side of the world but I am still here and I can help:)
Love Elder Gavin Schmalz
| Magdeburg Dom |
| Us on the train |
| The Siegelssäule (victory Pillar) |

No comments:
Post a Comment