Life is pretty much the same. I'm still here learning German, and I'm still learning to be an awesome missionary ;)! Really though, I have learned so much already.
Since I got kicked off last week I have to tell you about 2 weeks of MTC life...
Last weeks highlights:
I got to see Colton at the temple! That was really cool, he is going to do great things in Chile!
I had the awesome opportunity to teach a Skype lesson to an awesome sister named Andrea Novak who lives in Frankfurt Germany. While we were teaching her the craziest thing happened...... I could understand her (barely) but I was able to communicate with her! We taught her about how much Heavenly Father loves his children and the ways that he shows it, and at the end of our lesson we sang her a hymn in German. I thought it would be awkward to sing a hymn in a language I don't know super well and to a person I didn't know at all, but if there is one thing you guys can learn from this email is that the Holy Ghost doesn't care about those things. As long as you are trying your best and giving it your all, the Spirit will testify of the truth, Even over a Skype call!
So yeah, that was pretty much the highlight of last week (plus conference!)!
So this week was Good. We had a devotional from the church media director and he showed us the new Christmas video, and Heilige Kuh (holy cow) Its awesome! It comes out the day after Thanksgiving so just keep your eyes peeled for it.
He also taught us how to use media in our lessons and it was very helpful. Elder Vellinga and I put it to use in our last lesson with Amo.
Also we get our travel plans tomorrow, and there is only 13 days until I'm on a plane to Germany!
Starting tonight at 6:00 is Consecration week. What that means is that we are only speaking Deutsche for the next week!!! Pray for me haha because I think I will need it. I know I will be able to do it. My German has improved so much in the last 5 weeks. Wow, that is weird to say, and I cannot wait until I get to leave the MTC and head to Germany!
So yeah, that's pretty much what's been happening.
Oh, I also have two more weeks that I can write you a letter that wont take 2 weeks to travel, so write me, and I will respond. I have 20 US stamps I've got to use!
One last funny thing. The one time people can pronounce my last name correctly and they have to point out that it means something funny... Schmalz in German means LARD........ and every German person I have seen has laughed at that for 10 minutes or more! Hopefully it can and will help me in Germany. Whatever it takes...
I love all of you! and I hope you are all doing great!
The Church is true!
Elder Alexander Gavin Schmalz
OCT29 GER-BER
2009 N 900 E Unit 175
Provo UT 84602

No comments:
Post a Comment