Called To Serve

Called To Serve

Oct 1, 2014

MTC LIFE











 
First things first. I want you all to go watch the mormon message "The Hope of Gods Light".
I just have had some promptings to tell all of you to watch it and must listen to promptings...

The MTC is awesome! I'm learning so much every day! 
 
So just to clarify the whole investigator thing. We don't actually have investigators, we teach return missionaries that are acting as one of their investigators on their missions. Its actually one of the first things you do when you get here.......... in 100% German. but I have learned to love it so much.
 
Right now we are teaching this sister named Birko, she is 24 and she is a Geology student at the university of Munich. She actually contacted us after she came and visited Utah and went to temple square.
Amo is our second "investigator". He is from Syria and his brother and his father died in the war. He is a refugee in Berlin and he doesn't have any papers (passport or ID) or a job and his mother is really sick with cancer......
 
So as you can see missionary work isn't something that is cookie cutter, it is personally tailored to every person it touches and that is why I love it!
 
We also do this thing called TRC and I have no idea what it stands for, but its basically us teaching members Family Home Evening lessons in German. most of them are elderly couples from Germany and Austria. This week I took the lead and pretty much did most of the talking.  I decided to teach my two TRC families about eternal families. It was my first time teaching them and I was having a super hard time getting them to interact with me until the thought came to my head to show them a picture of my family and just talk about how happy I am that I can live with them forever........... and it worked! My family is my favorite subject so of course it worked! So thank you for helping me teach a lesson to a small German woman and her large intimidating German husband!:)

I love all of you!

The Church is true!

Elder Schmalz

No comments:

Post a Comment