Gavin had the best send off today by two of our cute little neighbors. All the sudden we notice as we are getting the car all packed and we are about to head out to drop Elder Schmalz off at the MTC that these cute four year old twins are running full blast towards our house. As they approach Xandi asks them what they are up to, and they respond "we're just here to see your missionary", cute, right? Then it gets cuter. Gavin comes out and asks to shake the boys hands and told them thank you for coming to see him off, then one of them says, "well, we came for a hug too". Melt my heart! It made Gavin's
day. It made my day. We have felt so much love and support today. I can literally feel the prayers of support and love comforting this mama's heart and I know my boy is being held in the hallow of Thy hand.
Visiting the grandparents on the way to the MTC
Last minute LOOOVES
Watching him walk away was one of the hardest things I've ever done. No joke. It hurt my heart.
BUT I know without a doubt he will love every second of this great adventure. The good and the bad of it all. He is going to be become exactly who he is suppose to become.
No comments:
Post a Comment