So this week I was really discouraged about the language until I bumped into a kid that was speaking a language I can only describe as a cat puking up a hairball..... So as I heard him making those disgustingly gruesome noises with his mouth I decided I had to hear this guys story, so I went and talked to him. His name was Elder Hunt and he has been in the MTC for 10 weeks and has been learning Armenian. He said that even after 10 weeks he couldn't even bear his testimony.
It was that moment that I realized how big of a baby I was being!
I realized I needed to change and start being more grateful for the talents and skills that Heavenly Father has given me! I need to stop comparing myself to the other German missionaries.
I can teach a whole lesson in broken German and bear testimony of my savior!
That is pretty dang cool!
Elder M. Russell Ballard came last night and he started off by saying "I didn't want to prepare a talk tonight.......so we will see where the spirit takes us." His talk ended up being a hour long spiritual toppling talk that seriously blew my mind! He talked about the widows mite and how the Lord isn't asking for us to match the other missionaries stride for stride... but he is asking us to give all we have.
So yeah the spirit has taught me a pretty clear lesson this week and I know and recognize that I need to change!
I know this church is true and I love it with all of my heart and I cant wait to teach the people of Germany!
No comments:
Post a Comment